Advanced VAV System Design
The Advanced VAV System Design provides recommendations to help engineers improve the efficiency of large HVAC systems. It focuses on built-up variable-air-volume (VAV) systems in Advanced VAV System Design multistory office buildings. The recommended measures promote efficient, practical designs that advance standard practice, achieve cost-effective energy savings, and can be implemented using current technology. Here are some of the key recommendations:
- Reduce design system static pressure
- Employ demand-based static pressure reset
- Use low-pressure plenum returns/relief fans
- Employ demand-based, supply temperature reset to reduce reheat energy and extend economizer effectiveness
- Design fan systems to turn down and stage efficiently
- Size terminal units to balance energy impacts of pressure drop and minimum airflow control
- Set terminal unit minimums as low as required for ventilation and use intelligent VAV box control schemes to prevent stratification
- Employ demand-based ventilation controls for high-density occupancies
- Design conference rooms to provide ventilation without excessive fan energy or reheat.
VAV box control and supply air pressure reset often have the largest impact on system efficiency. Design engineers are encouraged to pay particular attention to these two issues.
Take the guesswork out of shopping for high quality air conditioning and heating parts for your home or office. We offer only top quality parts that the professionals are using. Let our 40+ years in the air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration industry work for you.
Ra-Jac Air Conditioning & Heating has proudly served Galveston County TX since 1966. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service on residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration in the Southern Texas area.
We offer prompt and courteous service on air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
Algoa / Arcadia / Bacliff / Bayou Vista / Clear Lake City / Clear Lake Shores / Dickinson / El Lago / Friendswood / Galveston / Hitchcock / Kemah / La Marque / League City / Nasa Area / Nassau Bay / San Leon / Santa Fe / Seabrook / Taylor Lake Village / Texas City / Tiki Island / Webster