Pre-Service Checklist for Air Conditioning and Heating Service
Pre-Service Checklist for Air Conditioning and Heating Service - Here are some simple things you can do before calling a service technician that might save you the expense of a service call.
Important - Please read our disclaimer and the following safety procedures before you attempt any maintenance work yourself.
When Should I call a Professional - Around 1-2% of central air conditioning and heating service calls are for nuisance calls that could have been solved by the homeowner without the help of a professional. There are some simple things you can do before calling a service technician that might save you the expense of a service call. To avoid the expense of one of these calls always consult this pre service checklist before calling a service professional.
Our Texas Service Areas -- If you are in the Algoa, Arcadia, Bacliff, Bayou Vista, Clear Lake City, Clear Lake Shores, Dickinson, El Lago, Friendswood, Galveston, Hitchcock, Kemah, La Marque, League City, Nasa Area, Nassau Bay, San Leon, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, or the Webster Texas areas and want a professional to maintain your air conditioning, heating or air cleaning and filtration system contact us at (409) 945-4171. We provide top notch service to keep your home and office air conditioner and heater working efficiently and effectively. Your comfort is our top priority.
Important - Please read our disclaimer and the following safety procedures before you attempt any maintenance work yourself. If you are unsure about any of the procedures or are uncomfortable for any reason do not attempt to perform any procedure. Instead get a professional to assist you.
1) Please be sure to disconnect all electrical power to the unit before you remove any of the access panels or attempt to perform any maintenance procedures. Always remember that there may be more than one power connection switch. If you are unsure about this do not attempt to perform any procedure. Instead get a professional to assist you.
2) Be very careful when you handle parts or reach into units. Many of the metal pars and housings have very sharp edges which can cause severe injury.
3) Follow all safety precautions suggested by the manufacturer of the equipment.
4) Use common sense. If something seems dangerous don't do it. Instead consult a professional.
Now that we have warned you of what to look out for let's move on.
1) Check disconnect switches - Check both indoor and outdoor disconnect switches if you have a split system and make sure both are in the on position.
2) Check Circuit Breakers - Make sure that the circuit breakers for the air conditioner and heater in the electrical service panel are on and that that none of the fuses have blown. If the circuit breakers or fuses blow a second time do not reengage as there is a further problem. Consult a professional.
3) Check for obstructed airflow. Make sure that the air filters are clean and that there is nothing blocking the return air and that all the ceiling grills are open and unobstructed.
4) Check for the correct settings on your thermostat. You would be surprised how many nuisance calls are due to incorrect settings on the thermostat. Remember if you want air conditioning, make sure the thermostat is set below room temperature and the system switch is in the cool or auto position. If you want heating make sure the thermostat is set above room temperature and the system switch is set to heat or auto. The fan switch should be set to the on position for continuous fan operation or auto for the blower to work only while the unit is active.
5) Decide if you need Professional Maintenance or Repair - In addition to self maintenance, your home comfort system should be professionally maintained at least once a year by a properly trained service technician. A service technician can make sure your system works safely and gives you top notch performance and runs more efficiently which adding life to the system. Properly diagnosing a furnace or air conditioner takes expensive specialty tools, testing equipment and most importantly proper training. Some people who have mechanical knowledge and access to tools may think they can repair their own unit. Most will find that this is the most costly way of doing the job because heaters and air conditioning units have sensitive and expensive parts which can be damaged from improper service. Also there is the very real chance of getting hurt.
If these above procedures don't correct the problem call a reputable professional to service your furnace or air conditioner.
Our goal -Since 1966 we have been providing professional and affordable residential,commercial and industrial air conditioning and heating service and installation to our customers in and around the Galveston County area. Our goal is exemplary service built on honesty, education, certification, and high ethical standards. As a result we are quickly growing into one of the leading heating and air condition service companies in the Southern Texas area.
Take the guesswork out of shopping for high quality air conditioning and heating parts for your home or office. We offer only top quality parts that the professionals are using. Let our 40+ years in the air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration industry work for you.
Ra-Jac Air Conditioning & Heating has proudly served Galveston County TX since 1966. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service on residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration in the Southern Texas area.
We offer prompt and courteous service on air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
Algoa / Arcadia / Bacliff / Bayou Vista / Clear Lake City / Clear Lake Shores / Dickinson / El Lago / Friendswood / Galveston / Hitchcock / Kemah / La Marque / League City / Nasa Area / Nassau Bay / San Leon / Santa Fe / Seabrook / Taylor Lake Village / Texas City / Tiki Island / Webster