Professional Air conditioning Maintenance
Why is Air Conditioning Maintenance Important? - Air conditioners need yearly maintenance to maintain proper performance. With the proper maintenance your air conditioning and heating equipment will work more economically and be more dependable for years to come. With a few easy and routine procedures you can keep your unit at peak performance and get the maximum amount of comfort from your HVAC system. Air conditioners consume a large portion of the average monthly power bill and proper and efficient maintenance can make a significant difference. Your air conditioner loses 5% of its overall efficiency every year it goes without proper professional maintenance. Systems operating at peak efficiency can cut monthly energy costs by up to 25%. Proper maintenance effectively doubles the life span of the average residential heating and cooling system. Many of the health risks that are associated with poor air quality can be greatly reduced or eliminated with proper system installation and maintenance.
Recovering Lost Efficiency - Fortunately most users can recover lost efficiency through service and maintenance from a trained professional. With regular maintenance a air conditioning unit will keep up to 96 percent of it's original efficiency. Also a unit working at its full capacity will keep your home more comfortable by controlling humidity and maximizing the cooling available.
A yearly inspection of your air conditioning or heat pump system should include the following 24 important items.
1) Refrigerant charge - It is extremely important that the coolant or Refrigerant level of an air conditioning system be tested frequently. A 10% loss of Refrigerant or coolant will cost the home or business owner 20 percent more in electrical costs and can cause undue wear and tear on your unit. The Air Conditioning Contractors of America or ACCA recommend Testing once a year to maintain the proper Refrigerant levels. If your residential air conditioning unit needs Refrigerant a properly licensed and trained contractor can usually make a repair and add it on the spot. Refrigerant is a chlorofluorocarbon or CFC and will damage the Earths ozone layer if it is released into the atmosphere. The laws on CFC's do not allow an air conditioning contractor to add Refrigerant to a leaky commercial system if the leak is within 30% of the units capacity. They are required to fix the leak in the system o to shut the system down. Violation of this law may cause contractors to loose their license.
2) Electrical Readings - Test the voltage and amperage to all electrical motors.
3) Air Flow - Test the air flow across the indoor cooling coil.
4) Lubrication - Lubricate all the moving parts (unless they are permanently sealed).
5) Thermostat - Clean and adjust the thermostat.
6) Fan Motors - Test and oil the fan motors.
7) Air Filters - Check the air filters.
8) Fan Belts - Test the fan belts.
9) Condenser Air Flow - Test the air flow across the outdoor condenser coil.
10) Refrigerant Pressures - Test the operating pressures on refrigerants.
11) Electrical - Check the electrical wiring and connections.
12) Fan Relay - Test the indoor fan relay.
13) Contactor - Test the compressor contactor.
14) Reversing Valve - Test the reversing valve (on heat pumps only).
15) Drain Lines - Inspect the condensate drain.
16) Indoor Coil - Inspect the indoor coil.
17) Capacitors - Test the capacitors.
18) Temperature Exchange - Test the temperature drop across the indoor coil.
19) Measure Super-Heat - Test the super-heat.
20) Inspect Condenser Coil - Inspect the outdoor coil.
21) Measure Sub-Cooling - Test the outdoor sub-cooling.
22) Defrost Control - Test the defrost control (on heat pumps only).
23) Compressor Operation - Test the compressor operation.
24) Crankcase Heaters - Test the crankcase heaters.
Company Profile of Ra-Jac Services Air Conditioning and Heating TX - Our goal - Since 1966 we have been providing professional and affordable residential, commercial and industrial air conditioning and heating service and installation to our customers in and around the Galveston County area. Our goal is exemplary service built on honesty, education, certification, and high ethical standards. As a result we are quickly growing into one of the leading heating and air condition service companies in the Southern Texas area.
Our Texas Service Areas -- If you are in the Algoa, Arcadia, Bacliff, Bayou Vista, Clear Lake City, Clear Lake Shores, Dickinson, El Lago, Friendswood, Galveston, Hitchcock, Kemah, La Marque, League City, Nasa Area, Nassau Bay, San Leon, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Taylor Lake Village, Texas City, Tiki Island, or the Webster Texas areas and want a professional to service, install, or maintain your air conditioning, heating or air cleaning and filtration system contact us at (409) 945-4171. We provide top notch service to keep your home and office air conditioner and heater working efficiently and effectively. Your comfort is our top priority.
Take the guesswork out of shopping for high quality air conditioning and heating parts for your home or office. We offer only top quality parts that the professionals are using. Let our 40+ years in the air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration industry work for you.
Ra-Jac Air Conditioning & Heating has proudly served Galveston County TX since 1966. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service on residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration in the Southern Texas area.
We offer prompt and courteous service on air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
Algoa / Arcadia / Bacliff / Bayou Vista / Clear Lake City / Clear Lake Shores / Dickinson / El Lago / Friendswood / Galveston / Hitchcock / Kemah / La Marque / League City / Nasa Area / Nassau Bay / San Leon / Santa Fe / Seabrook / Taylor Lake Village / Texas City / Tiki Island / Webster