Maintenance of a Humidifier Systems
With the proper maintenance your air conditioning and heating equipment will work more economically and be dependable for years to come. With a few easy and routine procedures you can keep your unit at peak performance and get the maximum amount of comfort from your HVAC system.
Remember that self maintenance is no substitute for professional maintenance but can add greatly to the efficiency of routine professional maintenance.
Important - Please read our disclaimer and the following safety procedures before you attempt any maintenance work yourself. If you are unsure about any of the procedures or are uncomfortable for any reason do not attempt to perform any procedure. Instead get a professional to assist you.
1) Disconnect All Power Sources - Please be sure to disconnect all electrical power to the unit before you remove any of the access panels or attempt to perform any maintenance procedures. Always remember that there may be more than one power connection switch. If you are unsure about this do not attempt to perform any procedure. Instead get a professional to assist you.
2) Beware of Sharp Edges - Be very careful when you handle parts or reach into units. Many of the metal parts and housings have very sharp edges which can cause severe injury.
3) Follow All Safety Procedures - Follow all safety precautions suggested by the manufacturer of the equipment.
4) Use common sense - If something seems dangerous don't do it. Instead consult a professional.
Now that we have warned you of what to look out for let's move on.
Routing maintenance of your Humidifier System.
1) Clean Once a Season - Humidifiers should be cleaned at the beginning of every heating season. If the water in your area is hard or has a high mineral content you will probably need to clean your humidifier more often. Look in your owner's manual for the correct procedure for cleaning the components of your humidifying unit.
2) Replace Evaporator Pad - The evaporator pad should be replaced before each winter season. Check your owner's manual for the proper procedure.
3) Get Professional Maintenance - Routinely have a professional contractor perform maintenance on your humidifier to keep your unit running smoothly and efficiently for many years to come. To save money consider purchasing a maintenance agreement for your heating and air conditioning system. Many plans include pre-season maintenance twice a year and cost about $140 to $250. A plan will help the contractor find problems before they lead to a breakdown and will help save you money by keeping your electric bills lower.
Take the guesswork out of shopping for high quality air conditioning and heating parts for your home or office. We offer only top quality parts that the professionals are using. Let our 40+ years in the air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration industry work for you.
Ra-Jac Air Conditioning & Heating has proudly served Galveston County TX since 1966. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service on residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration in the Southern Texas area.
We offer prompt and courteous service on air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.
Algoa / Arcadia / Bacliff / Bayou Vista / Clear Lake City / Clear Lake Shores / Dickinson / El Lago / Friendswood / Galveston / Hitchcock / Kemah / La Marque / League City / Nasa Area / Nassau Bay / San Leon / Santa Fe / Seabrook / Taylor Lake Village / Texas City / Tiki Island / Webster