Natural Gas for Heating

natural gas heatNatural gas is a safe, environmentally friendly, and inexpensive fuel available for use in appliances and equipment in your home, business and for industrial applications. The National Fire Protection Association or NFPA reports that gas heat is responsible for fewer home fires than electric or oil fueled systems. Homes with gas fired central heating units had 1.06 fires per 10,000 households, compared to 3.68 for liquid fueled systems, and 4.35 for electric or resistance systems.

natural gas blue flameIf your local gas utility does not serve your area bottled propane can be used to operate the same equipment by having a trained technician make a few simple adjustments. Gas heat can offer a higher comfort level than electric heating because the heat is warm from the moment it comes on where electric heat tends to give a cold blast of air when it starts and stops. The average gas water heater is less than 2/3's the cost of electric water heating. Some trucks and buses using natural gas instead of gasoline or diesel because it is cheap and burns clean.

natural gas heatingGas and oil heaters and boilers are rated in AFUE or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE calculates the percentage of heat delivered to your house and compares it to the amount of fuel that you supply to the furnace. For example a furnace that has a 80% AFUE rating converts 80% of the fuel that you supply to heat and the other 20% is not converted to heat and effectively lost out the flue or chimney. AFUE is limited in that it only refers to the unit's fuel usage and not its electrical consumption.


Click here to Order Parts from Ra-Jac Services Online Air-Conditioning and Heating Store

Take the guesswork out of shopping for high quality air conditioning and heating parts for your home or office. We offer only top quality parts that the professionals are using. Let our 40+ years in the air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration industry work for you.


Click here for 10 Reasons to choose Ra Jac as your Air Conditioning and Heating Company for Repair and Installation Service.

Ra-Jac Air Conditioning & Heating has proudly served Galveston County TX since 1966. We pride ourselves on providing top notch service on residential and commercial air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration in the Southern Texas area.


We offer prompt and courteous service on air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration equipment.

Algoa / Arcadia / Bacliff / Bayou Vista / Clear Lake City / Clear Lake Shores / Dickinson / El Lago / Friendswood / Galveston / Hitchcock / Kemah / La Marque / League City / Nasa Area / Nassau Bay / San Leon / Santa Fe / Seabrook / Taylor Lake Village / Texas City / Tiki Island / Webster


Rajac airconditioning heating refrigeration